Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
- Job Ref:
- Cedar Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living, 1 Cedar Crest Dr, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
Location:Cedar Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living
Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Our Assistant Director of Food and Beverage Supports the entire community dining department as directed with the Dining Services Director, Executive Chef, and Catering/Events Manager to provide the residents, staff, and the community at large with high-quality food and service.
- Commensurate with experience starting at $96000.00 per year
What we offer:
- Being a part of the Erickson Senior Living Dining Services Team allows you to use your passion for hospitality while having a work-life balance.
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law. in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
How you will make an impact:
- Provides residents and staff with high-quality, nutritious meals and responsive service and meets their needs while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Implements systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
- Achieves customer (resident, guest, and employee) satisfaction goals
- Purchases services and approved products following company standards.
- Interfaces with the Catering/Events department regarding the planning and production of catered functions and events. Coordinates public room bookings with the Catering/Events department
- Assists the Director of Dining Services with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the department's goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for the department and makes hiring and employee discipline decisions
- Develops, manages, trains, and evaluates employees, managers, and supervisors.
- Ensures compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensures that all services and programs (food service and clinical) are in compliance with federal, state, and/or local regulations, laws, and statutes.
- Maintains productive and positive relationships with all members of the IL and Continuing Care interdisciplinary and leadership teams
- Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Effectively utilizes computer programs required by the Dining Department, including HR, finance, and food production systems.
- Shows professional knowledge, proficiency, and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
What you will need:
- Minimum of five years of food service management experience required, including production, service, and sanitation
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics, or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1-year experience.
- College Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred.
- Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications are required by federal, state, and/or local regulations.
- Must be available to relocate for available positions.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.