- Job Ref:
- Greenspring Village by Erickson Senior Living, 7440 Spring Village Dr, Springfield, VA 22150
- Maintenance Mechanic
Location:Greenspring Village by Erickson Senior Living
Greenspring is a beautiful 58-acre continuing care retirement community located in the heart of Fairfax County in Springfield, Virginia. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Greenspring is a beautiful 60-acre, 24 hour secured continuing care retirement community in Springfield, Virginia. We're part of a growing network of communities managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of Senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states and growing.
We are hiring an Appliance Mechanic for our award-winning community. The Appliance Mechanic will be responsible for the corrective and preventive maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments, laundry rooms (to include Health Care), ice machines, and all refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial.
Compensation: Starting at $26 per hour, commensurate with experience
How you will make an impact:
- Perform necessary maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments and laundry rooms.
- Perform necessary maintenance of Health Care laundry equipment
- Perform necessary maintenance of all ice machines and refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failures.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law. in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Discounted meals in our restaurants
- Gated community with 24/7 security
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High School or GED.
- Must possess 3-5 years of experience in commercial/residential appliance maintenance.
- Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.