- Job Ref:
- Erickson Senior Living, Baltimore, MD 21228
Erickson Senior Living
Erickson Senior Living, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing. Erickson Senior Living develops and manages senior living communities and health services across the country. We achieve industry–leading results in customer satisfaction, driving high occupancy, and positive health outcomes.
Erickson Senior Living is one of the largest and fastest growing senior living managers and developers in the nation. In anticipation of this growth, we are looking for a Architectural Manager in Development who would be responsible for guiding architectural design of all new Erickson Senior Living Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) building designs
The Erickson Senior Living Culture you will join:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- A team of 15,000 employees in 22 communities, partnering and delivering quality care and an exceptional lifestyle to our 25,000+ residents.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
- Excellence in all we do, making us accountable to our team members and the residents we serve to consistently deliver financial and operational results.
How you will impact our mission and growth:
- Collaborate with corporate and community partners to develop cost effective building programs in accordance with the established Master Plan and operational models.
- Work with Director of Architecture and corporate partners to continue to keep the building program current with market trends and updated operational models throughout the development of the community.
- Work with the projects team to update Master Plans and/or Capital projects for the existing communities as required.
- Work with the design and project team on new development projects to ensure design guidelines and programmatic requirements are incorporated.
- Collaborate with the ESL Interior Design and Engineering Teams to assist the community and required consultants to develop and/or update their Life-Cycle Plans and renovation projects establishing a roadmap for future projects.
- Continue to stay current on industry trends and codes updates in the various markets and design by attending conferences, seminars and continuing education. Use this knowledge to keep guidelines current.
- Provide project guidance, including meeting attendance, drawing and specification review as required, to ensure conformance to Erickson brand for all projects as assigned.
- Work with the project teams to coordinate architectural, interior design and engineering design to produce an overall cohesive project.
- Work with the development, community and corporate teams to provide guidance in integrating community spaces into the community and residential buildings.
Commensurate with experience starting at $110000.00 / year with generous bonus plan. Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in architectural programming and design, consultant coordination and construction administration.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Senior housing and/or multifamily experience preferred
- Senior housing and/or multifamily experience preferred
The position requires local and air travel of approximately 40-60% depending on the phase of design at the various developing communities
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Compensation and total rewards aligned to executive leadership performance, with long-term financial growth incentives
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, upgrades, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Senior Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Award-winning "Best Places to Work" and "5-Star" industry recognition
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.