- Job Ref:
- Erickson Senior Living, Baltimore, MD 21228
- Finance & Accounting
Erickson Senior Living
Erickson Senior Living, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing. Erickson Senior Living develops and manages senior living communities and health services across the country. We achieve industry–leading results in customer satisfaction, driving high occupancy, and positive health outcomes.
Erickson Senior Living is one of the largest and fastest growing senior living managers and developers in the nation. We are a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing. We help people live better lives through a rich and vibrant lifestyle. In anticipation of this growth, we are looking for additional support for our corporate accounting and finance team located at our Headquarters in Catonsville, Maryland.
The Accounting Manager works closely with the assistant controllers to oversee the monthly financial close process. This includes working closely with the staff accountants to ensure the team achieves its goal of accurate financial reporting to support our communities.
What we offer:
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, 401K and concierge employee health and wellness programs.
- Compensation and total rewards aligned to executive leadership performance, with long-term financial growth incentives.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, upgrades, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Award winning "Best Places to Work" and "5-Star" industry recognition
Commensurate with experience starting at $90000.00 / year
Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law
How you will make an impact:
- Monitor the timely reconciliation of all balance sheet reconciliations and the clearance of all review notes of staff accountants.
- Coordinate with outside vendors all required reporting requirements for the various state unclaimed property statutes.
- Oversee the year-end financial audit, ensuring staff provides auditors with analysis and support for internal financial statements as well as other data necessary for an accurate and clean audit.
- Review schedules prepared by staff for tax filings as well as the filings completed by the Tax Department.
- Complete technical accounting research as required, including analyzing new debt issues, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, etc., to determine the impact and reporting requirements for the communities.
- Assume full responsibility for multiple communities in terms of financial statements and work-paper review.
What you will need:
- 4-year college degree - BS/BA in Accounting / Finance required.
- CPA / MBA a plus.
- 6+ years in related/similar industry with at least the last 2+ years in a manager role.
- Financial accounting experience is required.
- Experience in a Health Care or Non-Profit field is preferred.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.