Accounting Office Coordinator
- Job Ref:
- Linden Ponds by Erickson Senior Living, 300 Linden Ponds Way, Hingham, MA 02043
- Finance & Accounting
Location:Linden Ponds by Erickson Senior Living
Linden Ponds is a beautiful 108-acre continuing care retirement community located just 24 miles from Boston on the South Shore in Hingham, Massachusetts. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
We are hiring an Accounting Office Coordinator who Serves as community liaison for resident inquiries/issues related to accounts receivable and billing.
Strong customer service skills are critical for this position. This role is the first point of contact for residents with billing or personal finance issues.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs customer service for residents, serving as Community accounts receivable contact for resident billing.
- Independently handles day-to-day resident billing inquiries.
- Processes resident monthly statements.
- Works with the finance department, other Community departments, and outside vendors to resolve resident billing issues that are often sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Completes audit of new resident files through the use of audit checklist
- Provides management and maintenance of all resident files
- Performs data entry of admission information and completes ongoing updates as needed of resident profiles/information into Vision software.
- Maintains and updates daily Vision census and performs research to ensure accuracy of census data. Handles special projects as assigned by Director of Finance/Community Financial Analyst, such as generating G/L reports, analyzing G/L detail, composing and sending letters to residents/vendors, and assisting with the budget process.
- Processes account payable invoices and manage cash deposits.
- Consistently makes decisions on behalf of the Finance office with Finance Director consultation, including decisions regarding training for new roles, managing communication to the resident population, dining flex meal program, refund updates, community promotion, and implementation, and third-party billing transfer approvals.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience starting at $25 hourly
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree with coursework in accounting/business or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with a Census Management Software/Tool is a plus.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office products.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.