Accounts Payable Associate
- Job Ref:
- Erickson Senior Living, Baltimore, MD 21228
- Finance & Accounting
Erickson Senior Living
Erickson Senior Living, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing. Erickson Senior Living develops and manages senior living communities and health services across the country. We achieve industry–leading results in customer satisfaction, driving high occupancy, and positive health outcomes.
We are hiring an Accounts Payable (AP) Associate, who will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of daily invoices. This individual will ensure that we are in compliance with company rules and standards in the Accounts Payable Department.
How you will make an impact:
- Processing electronic & paper invoices on a daily basis, which include sorting, monitoring, batching, scanning, and indexing of invoices and related documentation into the systems per set guidelines set for the department. Recognize the importance of the due dates and vendor discounts if applicable.
- Assisting in the mailing of checks according to handling codes as needed
- Submitting all voided checks on a timely basis with the appropriate documentation
- Following up on outstanding past due amounts on current invoices to ensure prompt payment
- Interacting with departments, vendors, and communities to resolve payment issues
- Performing month-end close within required deadline generally on the second business day of the following month.
- Assisting in the year-end close processes, including research and processing of the 1099s
- Preparing and reviewing open payables report each week after the check run has been processed.
- Monitoring invoices in the AX accounting system to ensure all change requests and/or issues are resolved on a daily basis.
- Communicating with Finance Directors at all communities with a list of all non-compliant vendors on a monthly basis
- Assisting with AP Call Center if needed
- Other duties as assigned by department lead
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High school graduate with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of business practices and Accounts Payable.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is a plus but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.