Activities Assistant Flex
- Job Ref:
- Maris Grove by Erickson Senior Living, 200 Maris Grove Way, Glen Mills, PA 19342
- Resident Services
Location:Maris Grove by Erickson Senior Living
Maris Grove is a beautiful 87-acre continuing care retirement community located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Our Program Assistant II is responsible for working with residents within Continuing Care (skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, and memory care) to stimulate their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being. Compensation: $15.00-$16.50 per hour, based on experience.
How you will make an impact:
- Assessing the resident’s needs/desires related to purposeful engagement and provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
- Designing, planning, and facilitating various structured and impromptu programs to individuals and groups in the common areas and resident rooms
- Ensuring the safety of the residents on group trips and excursions
- Working with other team members, management, volunteers, and families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the resident experience
- Monitoring changes in the resident’s needs, abilities, and preferences to provide programs and activities appropriate for individual and group audiences
- Generating program supply lists, maintaining supply levels, and ensuring safe operation and functionality of the equipment.
- Maintaining proper documentation, including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans, and contributes to the MDS as needed.
- Participating in team discussions regarding resident programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Onsite physicians group dedicated to only serving Erickson Senior Living residents
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED
- An associate's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year working with the geriatric population or experience related in a professional field to include but not limited to educators, social workers, rehab professionals OR related experience through college coursework and internship exposure.
- Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of physical and cognitive independence is preferred.
- A flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings as appropriate is required.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.