Activities Assistant - Per Diem
- Job Ref:
- Cedar Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living, 1 Cedar Crest Dr, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- Resident Services
Location:Cedar Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living
Cedar Crest is a beautiful 130-acre continuing care retirement community nestled in the Ramapo Mountains in Pompton Plains, a neighborhood of Morris County, New Jersey. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Our Program Assistant is responsible for working with residents within Continuing Care (skilled nursing, long-term care, assisted living, and memory care) to stimulate their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being.
Compensation: Starting at $15 per hour, commensurate with experience
How you will make an impact:
- Leading group and individual activities in both structured and impromptu activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
- Working collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families, and community groups
- Planning and preparing various activity programs
- Generating activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment
- Maintaining proper documentation, including daily attendance sheets.
- Participating in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident concerns
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
- Onsite physicians group dedicated to only serving Erickson Senior Living residents
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- An associate's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience as an Activities Assistant in a licensed health care facility preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly is preferred.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.