Activity Assistant (Healthcare)
- Job Ref:
- Lantern Hill by Erickson Senior Living, 535 Mountain Ave, New Providence, NJ 07974
- Resident Services
Location:Lantern Hill by Erickson Senior Living
Lantern Hill is a luxurious 20-acre continuing care retirement community located in Union County, New Jersey in the borough of New Providence. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Compensation: Starting at $16.00 per hour with experience.
Schedule: 10:00am-6:30pm Tuesday - Saturday (with Weekends available)
How you will make an impact:
- Leading group and individual activities in both structured and impromptu activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
- Working collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families, and community groups
- Planning and preparing various activity programs
- Generating activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment
- Maintaining proper documentation, including daily attendance sheets.
- Participating in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident concerns
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO for employees who work 30 hours or more per week.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available for employees who work 30 hours or more per week.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED .
- An associate's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience as an Activities Assistant in a licensed health care facility preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly is preferred.
- A passion for caring for seniors.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.