Apartment Maintenance Technician - up to $1,500 Sign-on Bonus!
- Job Ref:
- Ashby Ponds by Erickson Senior Living, 44795 Audubon Square, Ashburn, VA 20147
- Maintenance Mechanic
Location:Ashby Ponds by Erickson Senior Living
Ashby Ponds is a beautiful 132-acre continuing care retirement community in Loudoun County, Virginia. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
We are hiring an Apartment Maintenance Technician to repair apartment and public area HVAC equipment, along with the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate, and efficient maintenance. The Maintenance Mechanic II serves as a member of the Maintenance & Engineering team, which is responsible for the physical condition of the neighborhood assigned.
How you will make an impact:
- Perform routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas, including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes, and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
- Adhere to company policy by complying with all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations and will perform necessary maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure with a sense of urgency while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information
- Assist in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies for the neighborhood assigned to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
- Partner with Maintenance & Engineering personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Support the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community by performing other duties when assigned.
What we offer:
- Compensation: competitive range from $25.25/hr to $29.00/hr - commensurate of experience.
- Sign on bonus $1500!
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Senior Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
What you will need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex, commercial building construction, or maintenance
- Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
- Working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and appliances & must have demonstrated knowledge of HVAC.
- Capacity to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds- must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance and move light furniture.
- The ability to be on one's feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking; ability to push and pull, climb and descend a ladder to 6/8 feet or higher.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.