Appliance Service Technician
- Job Ref:
- Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living, 100 Brooksby Village Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
- Maintenance Mechanic
Location:Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living
Brooksby Village is a beautiful 90-acre continuing care retirement community located just 20 minutes from Boston in Peabody, Massachusetts. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
We are seeking to hire a skilled Appliance Mechanic for our award-winning community. All work is completed on our beautiful campus here in Peabody so no travel is required.
In this role you will be responsible for the corrective and preventive maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments, laundry rooms (to include Health Care), ice machines, and all refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial.
*Current EPA certification is required
Compensation: commensurate with experience starting at $23/ hour
How you will make an impact:
- Perform necessary maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments and laundry rooms.
- Perform necessary maintenance of Health Care laundry equipment
- Perform necessary maintenance of all ice machines and refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failures.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Discounted meals in our restaurants
- Gated community with 24/7 security
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High School or GED.
- Must possess 3-5 years of experience in commercial/residential appliance maintenance.
- Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.