Assistant Director of Finance
- Job Ref:
- Riderwood Village by Erickson Senior Living, 3140 Gracefield Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Finance & Accounting
Location:Riderwood Village by Erickson Senior Living
Situated on 120 beautiful acres in Silver Spring, Maryland, Riderwood is the largest continuing care retirement community in the United States. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Riderwood Village, one of our largest continuing care retirement communities located in Silver Spring, Maryland and home to 2,300 is looking to fill an Assistant Finance Director position. We are part of Erickson Senior Living, one of the largest and fastest growing senior living managers and developers in the nation with communities in 11 different states. This position became available due to a promotion.
We need a strong leader who enjoys developing a team, driving culture and is also very service oriented. This person has shared responsibility for establishing and maintaining comprehensive accounting controls and efficient procedures, reviewing and analyzing all financial reports, and supporting the financial needs of the community.
How you will make an impact:
- Assists in identifying and resolving business and enterprise risks
- Establish policies and procedures for financial operations
- Continuous development of accounting staff, and constructing an environment of learning and career enhancement
- Provide financial and business support to the Executive Director/Director of Operations and the Community Management Team
- Review monthly financial performance to understand and mitigate operating variances
- Complete monthly internal financial statements and reports for management
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts in cooperation with department managers
- Serve as the key point of contact for the resident billing processes including problem resolution
- Perform special financial analysis to highlight business opportunities/issues and recommend solutions to enhance Community performance
- Liaison between community and corporate departments, residents, and/or residents’ families
- Assist in the internal audit and compliance functions
- Educate new employees to utilize our financial systems and procedures
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
Commensurate with experience starting at $110000.00 / year
Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law
What you will need:
- 4-year college degree. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance required.
- CPA/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years in related/similar industry with at least the last 5+ years in a management/supervisory role.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law