Executive Chef I
- Job Ref:
- Oak Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living, 8820 Walther Blvd, Parkville, MD 21234
Location:Oak Crest Village by Erickson Senior Living
Oak Crest is a beautiful 87 acre continuing care retirement community located in Parkville, MD. Oak Crest is the 2nd largest continuing care community in the United States. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Our Erickson Senior Living communities deliver an exceptional dining experience and plenty of variety to our residents. We offer our residents: restaurant-style dining, from-scratch cooking, multiple onsite restaurants, intimate dining venues, increased daily menu options, in-the-moment cooking, fresh flavorful food, and chef-inspired culinary creations. Erickson Senior Living is well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to continue to grow and expand in new markets to meet the increasing demand for our communities. This growth requires a strong pipeline of talented and experienced professionals in critical leadership roles within dining services.
We are looking for an Executive Chef who brings their passion for great food, teamwork, and culinary experience to join our team of award-winning chefs and dining management talent. We are looking for a strong hospitality experience and a proven track record of success that will help drive our innovative Signature Menu Dining Programs which include from-scratch cooking and chef-inspired culinary creations.
The Erickson Senior Living Culture you will join:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- A team of 15,000 employees in 21 communities, partnering and delivering quality care and an exceptional lifestyle to our 25,000+ residents.
- One of diversity and inclusion that builds on our values, vision, and mission
- Excellence in all we do, making us accountable to our team members and the residents we serve to consistently deliver financial and operational results.
How you will impact our mission and growth:
- Ensure the efficiency and quality of food purchasing, receiving, storage, and preparation (from pre-preparation to plate presentation), sanitation of the production areas, and direct supervision of all food production staff (and utility staff where applicable) within budgetary parameters.
- Supervise, implement and maintain core menus and recipe management system and BOH computer system.
- Maintain proper procedures to maintain kitchen/equipment sanitation. Responsible for monthly internal sanitation audit.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations pertaining to food handling/production (Health Department/HAACP).
- Partner with Unit Manager to ensure issues with food production, preparation and presentation are resolved.
- Ensure optimum food quality/presentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with residents through dining room visits and meetings.
- Commensurate with experience starting at $75000 per year
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Compensation and total rewards aligned to executive leadership performance, with long-term financial growth incentives
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, upgrades, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Senior Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Award-winning "Best Places to Work" and "5-Star" industry recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you will need:
- Certification from a culinary training program or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years proven track record as Executive Chef
- ServSafe certified preferred
- Possess creative skills in food preparation and presentation
- Proven time management and organizational skills
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.