Full-Time Housekeeping Utility Worker- Night Shift( 1pm - 9:30 pm)
- Job Ref:
- Riderwood Village by Erickson Senior Living, 3140 Gracefield Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Location:Riderwood Village by Erickson Senior Living
Situated on 120 beautiful acres in Silver Spring, Maryland, Riderwood is the largest continuing care retirement community in the United States. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
We are hiring a Full time Night shift Housekeeping Utility Worker for our gated retirement community. All of our clients are located within our community, so no travel is involved!
How you will make an impact:
- Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices
- Moving and arranging furniture in residential apartments
- Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
- Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
- Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
- Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
- Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and carts.
- Maintaining cleanliness of trash rooms.
- Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment
- May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
- Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as changes in behavior.
- Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Practices safety, infection control, and Universal Precautions.
- Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services, as required.
- Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
What we offer:
- COMPENSATION: $17 per hour, including shift differential and float rates, based on experience
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Discounted meals in our restaurants.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission
What you will need:
- WEEKEND AVAILIBILTY IS A MUST!!!!
- Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
- Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
- Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
- Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special projects worker
- Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
- Ability to buff and wax floors
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law