- Job Ref:
- Tallgrass Creek by Erickson Senior Living, 13800 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66223
Location:Tallgrass Creek by Erickson Senior Living
Tallgrass Creek is a beautiful 65-acre continuing care retirement community located in Overland Park, just minutes from Kansas City and the Kansas and Missouri border. We’re part of a growing network of communities managed and developed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
The Grounds Workers are a member of the General Services Grounds Department and will assist the Maintenance Mechanic and Grounds Supervisor of the maintenance of all exterior areas.
Our team is currently searcing for a Grounds Worker I and Grounds Worker II position. Entry level or 3+ years of experience are available.
Position is year-round and is Monday-Friday with weekends off and guaranteed hours regardless of weather. Full benefits are outlined below!
Compensation: $15.00 - $19.50 per hour.
Sign-on Bonus: $1000
How you will make an impact:
- Maintain all lawns, trees, gardens, and shrubbery.
- Upkeep of all exterior areas and parking areas, including trash removal, weeding, pet stations, dog runs, fencing, etc.
- Installs and maintains exterior signs
- Assist residents with gardening, snow removal of the community.
- Assists with oversight of landscaping and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- Identifies Horticultural-related problems and possibly offers recommendations.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Discounted meals in our restaurants
- Gated community with 24/7 security
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three years related experience.
- May be required to attend a Horticulture program at a local college.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule. In addition, maybe assigned an on-call schedule as needed.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.