Activities Assistant - Per Diem
- Job Ref:
- Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living, 100 Brooksby Village Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
- Resident Services
Location:Brooksby Village by Erickson Senior Living
Brooksby Village is a beautiful 90-acre continuing care retirement community located just 20 minutes from Boston in Peabody, Massachusetts. We’re part of a growing network of communities developed and managed by Erickson Senior Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Per Diem - On Call
The Program Assistant is responsible for working with residents within Continuing Care (skilled nursing, long term care, assisted living and memory care) to stimulate their physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and emotional well-being.
How you will make an impact:
- Assessing the resident’s needs/desires related to purposeful engagement and provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
- Designing, planning and facilitating various structured and impromptu programs to individuals and groups in the common areas and resident rooms.
- Ensuring the safety of the residents on group trips and excursions.
- Working with other team members, management, volunteers, and families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the resident experience.
- Monitoring changes in the resident’s needs, abilities and preferences to provide programs and activities appropriate for individual and group audiences.
- Generating program supply lists, maintaining supply levels and ensuring safe operation and functionality of equipment.
- Maintaining proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans and contributes to the MDS as needed.
- Participating in team discussions regarding resident programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- On-site medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for employees over 18 years of age.
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- One of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
- Compensation: Pay is dependent on Experience - starting at $18 / per hour
What we require:
- High school diploma of GED.
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year working with the geriatric population or experience related in a professional field to include but not limited to educators, social workers, rehab professionals OR related experience through college coursework and internship exposure.
- Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of physical and cognitive independence is preferred.
- Flexible work schedule including weekend and evenings as appropriate is required.
Erickson Senior Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.